I suggest you ...

port pluckeye to Android (unrooted)

Port Pluckeye to an unrooted Android.

I am under the impression filtering as Pluckeye conceives it can not be done on mobile devices unless such devices have been rooted or jailbroken by their users. Hence, this idea is likely to go unfulfilled unless somebody more familiar than myself with mobile devices volunteers to take this on.

If you are willing to root your Android, instead of supporting this suggestion, support
https://pluckeye.uservoice.com/forums/137031-general/suggestions/15002484-port-pluckeye-to-android-rooted .

288 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher Weitzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that given the fact that the average Android user does not root their device or that rooting their device will break auto security updates from their provider, there needs to be some kind of solution that will not involve rooting.

I might know how to root and its potential impacts but, many others don't.

• AdminJon (Founder, Pluckeye) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Anonymous,

I appreciate the enthusiasm for Pluckeye and the vote. However, resources are thin.

Perhaps you could funnel some of your enthusiasm into support of the project. Some ways that fans of Pluckeye can contribute:

1. Recommend Pluckeye in online forums or on http://alternativeto.net/software/pluckeye/

2. Become a financial supporter of the project.

We would love to have more support from users such as yourself.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please your software is the best thing to ever come out its a shame because a lot of people end up falling victim to their phones...

• Vitaŭt Bajaryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least for me, having it on Android in the same way it is on GNU/Linux would be good (not sure if it is possible to block images without blocking whole https websites without using browser plugins (although there is Firefox for Android, so it might work on that, because it has plugins too)).
    It seems what it needs to run there is a ARM cross-compile, and supporting Android's libc (bionic) or statically linking against glibc. It's probably just the tip of the iceberg, because I don't know about pluckeye's implementation details (and don't want/need to know for now:( ).

• AdminJon (Founder, Pluckeye) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am under the impression filtering as Pluckeye conceives it can not be done on mobile devices unless such devices have been rooted or jailbroken by their users. Hence, this idea is likely to go unfulfilled unless somebody more familiar than myself with mobile devices volunteers to take this on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base